- Before Flap reflection perform mesial oblique vertical incision (up to 2 mm into the mobile mucosa).
- Raise full thickness flap, minimally as needed to expose the entire defect (Do not perform any manipulation to get tension free flap. No horizontal dissection release cuts, and no brushing. the flap should be with tension during closure and not tension free).
- Extract the tooth and prepare the site for grafting.
- Cement application
- Eject the cement into the site.
- Place dry sterile gauze and press firmly for 3 seconds on the buccal and occlusal aspects.
- Press again on top of the gauze using a periosteal elevator in order to compact and compress the cement well.
- Reposition the flap for maximal closure by stretching it directly above the cement (exposure of 2-3 mm is fine, but not more than that).
Activate subtitles to see the steps of the surgical protocols.
This video is part of the “Bone Graft Cements – Features & Clinical Benefits” E-Book.
For more information send us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org